Recently while late night web trolling I came across a blog post that truly hit home. Dani Hampton from Sometimes Sweet wrote a post about goals. Goals that are practical, honest and true to the heart. This topic hits home because it’s been a minute since I set some goals. With so much happening and so much change it’s been sorta hard to set standards and goals. What her post did was remind me that goals can be simple, realistic and attainable. Goals don’t have to be that mansion on the hill or that dream job that I’ve been applying for. My goals can be simple. Simple as cook dinner at least 4 times a week and make sure to say prayers every night with the kids. With that said here are my current goals:
- Make home cook meals at least 4-5 times a week.
- Weekly nature walks with the family. Get out and get going!
- NO MORE SODA EVER! So embarrassed about this one. But sometimes with a good In-N-Out burger I need a Coke-a-Cola. So yeah no more of those.
- Find a church home. It’s so difficult for us to find somewhere we feel comfortable. Jason was raised LDS and I was raised in a traditional Church of God In Christ church so sometimes we aren’t sure how we want to raise the kids. This is unfortunate because our kids need the structure of church. I would love to find somewhere we both feel the presence of the holy spirit and feel christ all around us.
- Drink at least 5 glasses of water daily. Starting with a shot of acv for obvious health reasons.
What are your goals? What are some changes you’d like to make in your life.